Cowboy cookies are an instant reminder of childhood with their chewy texture and perfect blend of sweet and salty flavors. Sometimes, you just have to spend a night relaxing, watching movies, and enjoying a batch of warm, right-out-of-the-oven cookies. Tonight was one of those nights.
These cookies are very easy to make and are a hit with everyone. The batter only takes minutes to assemble, filled great ingredients like rolled oats and oat flour and creates a delicious treat that children and adults can all enjoy.
Once the dough is filled with the special ingredients–dried cranberries and chocolate chips–that make these cookies so unique and tasty, they are rolled out into balls on a cookie pan lined with parchment paper and then placed in an oven at 350°F for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
These cookies expand plenty once they are in the oven, so be sure to leave room between each cookie! Once they have been taken out of the oven and left to cool for about 10 minutes, they are ready to serve. The addition of homemade oat flour in this recipe can certainly be replaced with all purpose flour, but it is a major contributor to the taste of these cookies, which have a slightly nutty flavor that compliments the other spices perfectly. Treat yourself to something sweet and enjoy a perfect batch of Cranberry Chocolate Cowboy Cookies!
Cranberry Chocolate Cowboy Cookies
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 tablespoons water + 3 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Replacer, whisked
- 1 cup Earth Balance Buttery Spread
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup semisweet, dairy free chocolate chips
- Combine oat flour, all purpose flour, Earth Balance Buttery Spread, vanilla extract brown sugar, and white sugar in a bowl. Whisk water and Energ-G Egg Replacer until frothy and add to bowl. Using an electric hand mixer, whisk the ingredients together until smooth
- Add baking powder, baking soda, salt and oats into mixture and continue whisking ingredients
- Place cranberries and chocolate chips into the mixture, carefully folding them into the batter until well distributed throughout dough
- Place 1 inch balls of dough onto 2 separate cookie pans lined with parchment paper, pressing down slightly so that they are somewhat flat and leaving about 1/2 inch of space between each cookie
- Place cookies in the oven, preheated at 350°F, for about 20 minutes or until golden brown
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving